Wake Up!

4 Response to Wake Up!

January 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Thank you Elisabeth for reminding me to "Wake Up"! Sometimes we get so lost in our own lives that we forget about what is going on around us! There are always others with much bigger problems than our own. I think we recieve the biggest blessing when we turn our prayers from inward to outward. Lifting up others in their time of need and sorrow! Thank You for reminding me!

January 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Chrisy,
Thank you for your friendship! Thank you for being my RFL! :) You always tell me what I need to hear, whether I want to hear it or not. You always remind me of God's Word. Thank you for your prayers, frienship, encouragement and support! I am praying for you this morning!! Believe GOD!
I love you!

January 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM

It is heartbreaking what is happening right now in Haiti. I, too, cannot imagine the sights of what they are seeing everyday, let alone possibly losing everyone you love in one tragic event.

I saw a video today that a friend posted to my Facebook wall. Maybe you've seen it. It is the story of Patrick Henry Hughes, a Louisville Cardinal Marching Band member. But, not just any marching band member. One born blind and crippled. The video, whose link I will post shortly, tells of his love for music, and how his family has sacrificed immensely to ensure that Patrick overcomes the impossible. But, what struck me was what Patrick himself said in the video, "God made me blind and unable to walk. BIG DEAL! He gave me the ability, the musical gifts I have, and the great opportunity to meet people." 'Nuff said. (video link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTiYA1WiY8)

My mother gave me a scripture last year that I clung to in the "desert". She said that she read it and thought of me and my family. It was this: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior. Others died that you might live. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:1-4

Elisabeth, you have went out of your way in your "desert" to pray for us, and comfort us, and focus our eyes on the Lord more clearly. I may be speaking out of turn, but I dare say that all of the Journey Girls are also praying daily for you. Third Day sings a song called "Tunnel". "There's a light at the end of this tunnel, shining bright at the end of this tunnel for you. So keep holdin' on." I pray that I've been some encouragement for you today. God continue to bless you on your journey, sweet sister...

January 17, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Jewelie,
You can't imagine how I needed this encouragement! Thank you so much for your love, support, prayers & kindness!! I appreciate you so!! You are a blessing & I praise Jesus for you! I will have to download that song. I love ya friend!! I'm praying for you!

Post a Comment