Laugh out Loud!

8 Response to Laugh out Loud!

January 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM

That is so true. I love to laugh! There is no greater feeling then when you are laughing. Unfortunately we often times get too busy to take the time to laugh with one another. Thanks for reminding me of its great importance! I loved the definition of laughter. It really makes you think about whether you show evidence of joy on the inside. Praying for lots of laughter this week!!

January 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Thank you Elisabeth, for reminding me just how important it is laugh and have fun. I think I take life way too serious sometimes, especially with my kids. I am sooo worried all the time about trying to keep them on the traught and narrow that I often take the joy out of things. I so needed this today!! My girl and I are going shoe shoppin' tomorrow and we are gonna have some fun!! Love you!!

January 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM

I'm am so thankful for people in my life that make me laugh! I remember when I first started dating my husband, one of the things I liked best about him was he made me laugh. And yes, I thank God all the time for the pure joy that my daughter brings me. She makes me laugh ALL THE TIME! I love that about her! Recently, the Lord showed me how important laughter was at work. I did not realize what had happened to me over the years at work. All the stress and problems had taken over me and I was serious and worried and up tight all the time. One of my closest friends (my office mate) suddenly moved away. We had worked together for 20 years. The person they hired to replace her I had real concerns about sharing an office with - and how could it ever be the same. But God had other plans in mind! Although I miss my friend terribly, God sent a new person to our office that laughs all the time! He has changed the entire atmosphere of the office. My closest friends soon pointed out to me how nice it was to see me laugh again! I didn't even realize it! Now our entire office laughs more! Oh, problems are still there. Life always has problems. But Jesus said "you will have problems, but take heart - I have overcome the world"! Laughter is truly a gift from God that we need to receive and take part in! Thank you Elisabeth for this reminder.

January 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Ohhh How I love the sight of laughter. It makes faces shine and eyes sparkle it makes soda come out of places it is not supposed to. No such greater joy then to hear my children laughing in the other room.
Though I am struggling right now to put on a happy smiling face, my mind takes me back to a picture that floated around the internet of Jesus lifting a small child up in the air and he appeared to be laughing. I know he is lifting me up and laughing, as if to say take heed my child for I am in control and I am going to do great things. Thank you Elisabeth for reminding us of those scriptures that say though you are hurting, laugh for he has it all under control. And how it enlarges his heart to see his children laugh and praise him even through the rough times. Nothing is too hard for my Lord!

January 30, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Christy,
Thank you for laughing with me! We have had SO many of those "belly laughs" together! I love and appreciate your friendship SO much!! Have a blessed week & laugh a lot! :)

January 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Rhonda,
I have done this very same thing so many times! (Just ask Andrew!) You are a great Mom and a great friend! Enjoy shoe shopping with your girl!! I Love you! :)

January 30, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Ginger,
Thank you for sharing this testimony! I have been there too. I have to watch my facial expressions. Many times my face does not show joy, but worry. It is something I have to work on and give to Christ daily. I love you and hope your weekend is filled with laughter! :)

January 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Vivian,
Yes, He does have everything under control. I am praying for you and praying for you & Rusty to have some laughter. (Even during this tough time) Tom & I have decided we might as well laugh. Crying & being angry doesn't change anything & it's much more fun to laugh together. God is working a marvelous plan for you! I believe GOD!! I love you!! :)

Post a Comment