Pressing On!

9 Response to Pressing On!

January 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Journey Girls,
It's not to late for others to join our journey! Ask a friend, co-worker or family member to come along. We don't want anyone to miss out on a single blessing that God has for them. Tell them to pack up & enjoy the journey! :)
Love ya'll!

Anonymous
January 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM

For those of you who know me, you know that I am a wallflower. I chose to watch from the sidelines. However, over the last 2 days my heart as been so full of love for women I dont even know, that i just had to post. I, too, have been in the desert these last 2 1/2 years. Not physically, but spiritually. I also struggle daily with insecurities inadequacies, loneliness, and ESPECIALLY past hurts!!! Ephesians 1:11 says "In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will".Not one of us is here by chance. I realized,over the past 2 days, that i needed this journey more than i knew!! Elisabeth, you NEVER cease to amaze me!!! Your words ALWAYS hit right at home to me!! I love you and miss you terribly!! I believe it is Avalon that has a song "Renew Me", and I am anxious to see the "renewed me" at this end of this journey.

Love Ya!!!!

January 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I feel like i have been in a desert also for the last several years. I surround myself with my kids, friends, and work to keep me busy but inside have been collapsing. I have watched my sister battle an addiction to drugs for the last four years and watched how it wears on my christian family. I havent shared this with many people because it is so painful to admit and to watch. Just in the last several months I have started to tell friends and ask for prayers for my sister, my family, and myself. The anxiety that is has taken away just talking about it with others and asking for prayers has been tremendous. At times though, the Devil gets the best of me and anxiety takes over again and is almost suffocating. But, I can't even put into words how great it feels to know that I can tell Satan that I am on a journey with over 40 women and I am not going to let him defeat me and overwhelm me with this anymore. I am claiming Psalm 94:18-19 and trusting that He is going to bring joy to my soul! Thank you Elisabeth for listening to Him and letting us join you on this journey.

January 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Elisabeth, I praise God for you. You radiate the love of Jesus! And you truly have the heart of a servant girl. As I looked over
your 'Journey Girls', I thought, wow, I'm the only one "older", or rather, "young at heart"! What do I have to offer? God gave me this
verse to put to memory; Psalm 103:1-5, ending with...."He satisfies your desires with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagles". So as an elder Journey Girl, I still crave to be more like Him, and learn more about Him. 2009 was a banner year for me. Last Jan. I prayed for God to reveal Himself in a new way. I wanted to see His glory. My prayer life is changed forever!! As I surrendered to Him, and walked in obedience, I can truly say that I have been awed by God !! I witnessed two miracles of His healing touch, a family brought back together, and blessing beyond belief. He IS an awesome God, and much bigger than any problem we have.
I have given up sweets, and breads. I, also, have had leftover sweets staring at me! I have been pushing them on Mike!! And I am working on better time management. And, Rhonda, I also goofed! Yesterday we picked up lunch at Arby's and as soon as I took a bite of the bread, I remembered! Next time out...a salad for me!! Sara, keep praying, I will join you in lifting up your sister. I have a story of God's redeeming grace that I'll share with you sometime.
Thanks again, Elisabeth, for walking in obedience, and letting God work through you. I love you and miss you so much.

January 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

This journey has begun at full force for me. On Wednesday I went to youth service and because it was so cold we served hot chocolate. Not thinking about it I grabbed one and began drinking it when I realized that I had given up chocolate for the challenge! OOPS! I placed my faith in God today after receiving another call from Morehead I went ahead and registered for a graduate course. I am nervous because I haven't taken a class in serveral years. Now I am praying for God to work out the finances and provide for me the money I need to pay for the class. I just decided to take a leap of faith and let God worry about the rest! Next I have to take and pass the GRE. I am not a test taker so I will again have to rely on God to help me obtain the scores I need to be admitted to the program unconditionally. Talk about a Journey, this came right in time! Thanks for all the prayers!

January 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Angie,
Thank you so much for sharing your heart and for your sweet words. I LOVE that Avalon song and I am living it right now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this with me. I love you so very much and appreciate your friendship! God is so good and He has good things ahead for you and your family in 2010!

January 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Sara,
Thank you for coming along in this journey and thank you for sharing. I am praying for you, your family and your sister. I am believing God for complete healing in her life! Trusting Him with you ~ I love you!

January 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Becky,
Thank you so much!! I am thrilled that you are doing this with me! I miss my choir buddy! :) I am thankful that your heart still desires to know Him more & be more like Him. You are a blessing!! I love and appreciate you sharing! Miss you too!

January 8, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Christy,
I am praising God today for answered prayer in your life! Continue to give it all to Him and He will work out all the details. I love you and I am praying with you about your upcoming test/class. No worries! You are going to do great!!

Post a Comment